Friday, December 14, 2012

How can I decrease recovery time following working out?


Question by Mr T: How can I minimize recovery time after working out?

Right after I exercise, it appears like it takes forever for me to recover. Immediately after operating a couple of miles, I essentially want a two hour nap before I can consider yet again, even when I am in fairly good shape. I was questioning if anyone had any ideas (links would be excellent as well!) on ways to function sooner after I workout.

I guess to clarify, my concern is not so much that I’m in discomfort afterwards, but that I’m tired. I tend to be pretty well hydrated and consume beforehand. Is there anything else I can do ahead of or after so I’m not so sleepy immediately after I physical exercise?


Very best answer:


Answer by kimberly s
Make positive that you are well hydrated and take vitamins.

Also right after you physical exercise you need to take a luke warm shower, drink a liter of purified water and take tylenol. (Tylenol aids with any aches and pains that you could have in the morning.)


Don’t eat for 2 hours before vigorous exercise.

Drink lots of fluids before, for the duration of, and immediately after a workout.

Adjust activity according to the climate and decrease it when fatigued or ill.

When exercising, listen to the body’s warning symptoms, and seek advice from a medical doctor if exercising causes chest discomfort, irregular heartbeat, undue fatigue, nausea, unexpected breathlessness, or light-headedness.


Dehydration

Absolutely everyone should drink lots of fluid for the duration of intense physical exercise. Thirst is usually a poor indicator of dehydration in individuals who workout, especially older men and women. For the duration of a hard workout in a hot environment, the body can drop two liters of fluid per hour by way of sweat. Any person who workout routines intensively must take the following precautions:


Drink six to 8 ounces of fluid about 15 minutes prior to a workout, and then pause frequently in the course of physical exercise for much more.

Water is the finest selection for replenishing body fluids. Glucose-sodium-potassium solutions, the so-referred to as “sports drinks,” that promise instant power are apparently no far better than water at enhancing endurance in the course of prolonged intense operating.

Caffeinated beverages like coffee and soft drinks give brief bursts of energy but can in fact minimize fluid. Caffeine before a workout has been shown to temporarily raises blood pressure and reduces blood flow to inactive limbs.

Contrary to popular belief, drinking fluids will not result in cramps. Sufficient hydration, in fact, assists avert the painful involuntary muscle spasms that sometimes happen in the course of exercise.


Heatstroke. Heatstroke is the most hazardous complication of hyperthermia. The victim may all of a sudden cease sweating, right after which symptoms such as altered consciousness, seizures, and even coma, might speedily adhere to. Heat stroke is a healthcare emergency and demands instant cooling of the victim in an ice-water bath or with ice packs. One study suggests that risk for serious complications from exercising in higher temperatures might persist as late as the following day, even if the climate has cooled down.


Go to about.com for much more information..variety in what you want to search…Kimmie


Give your answer to this question beneath!



How can I decrease recovery time following working out?

No comments:

Post a Comment